Be it any antivirus that you install once on your PC, there can be issues in your antivirus software. Like other software, McAfee is vulnerable to some common issues that might frustrate the user sometimes. The first thing to come in mind when you have issues with McAfee software is to delete/ remove or uninstall the software from the PC. “McAfee removal tool” helps a user to uninstall McAfee from their devices. You can use this tool to uninstall McAfee software from your computing systems.
Although you are looking for the solution to uninstall your McAfee antivirus, it is always recommended to have an antivirus installed on your device to block the virus and Trojans attacks. If you uninstall the McAfee antivirus from your computers completely without installing an apt antivirus then you might face errors in your programs as the software processors being affected by the virus attacks. Here, you will learn the effectual steps to remove the McAfee antivirus from your systems with the help of the McAfee Removal Tool.
Prerequisites before you run McAfee Removal tool
Before you start to run McAfee Removal Tool you need to keep the following instructions in your mind:-
- You need to label the site to download McAfee Removal Tool as “Bookmark” or “Favorite” so that you can get back to it easily.
- You must save all the currently accessible files.
- Before running the McAfee Removal Tool make sure you close all the programs.
Steps to remove McAfee software programs via the McAfee Removal tool
If you have deleted the program manually and there are still some elements of the program on your PC then you can choose McAfee Removal Tool to remove the program. The steps for the same are as follows:-
- Firstly, make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of McAfee.
- Now, you have to run the McAfee tool.
- Remember, you do not need to install the McAfee tool.
- Go through the license agreement and then enter the “Captcha” code as requested and after this click on the “Next” option as needed.
- You have to wait for the uninstall process to run. After completing the process you can view the information by clicking on the “View Logs” option.
- If a message prompts on the screen asking to reboot your system, then you need to be double sure that everything important is saved.
- Once confirmed about the back-up, you just need to restart again.
Note:- If you face any issues with running McAfee Removal Tool on your device then it is suggested to visit McAfee’s Support website via mcafee.com/activate.
In a conclusive viewpoint:-
We can say that McAfee software is one of the best antivirus. However, like the other antivirus, there can be cases wherein your McAfee software is unable to perform the way it should be. In such cases, there is a need to uninstall and then reinstall the software again. For this, you can download and run the McAfee Removal tool from the official website. Hopefully, the steps discussed in the article above have helped you to uninstall the McAfee software completely.
Smith Loo is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- McAfee.com/Activate.