iPhone series has been the favorite of people for the past many years. People having iPhone learn various tricks and tips to make the best use of their devices. But, sometimes due to its inappropriate working or several other reasons, you need to reset it. But most of the iPhone 8 users do not know how to reset iPhone 8. The procedure is the same for most of the series of iPhone but it might vary in some or the other way.
If you have reset your iPhone ever, then you might have trouble learning how to reset iPhone 8. But do not worry about such circumstances as we are going to learn the process to do so in-depth. We shall be discussing the process of hard reset as well as a soft reset. We will also know some additional details about resetting and restarting etc. So without further ado, let us learn the simple procedure for resetting your iPhone 8. Those who are going to opt for hard reset should know that it might result in loss of data. Therefore, they should back up their data before hard resetting the iPhone.
Steps to perform a soft reset on iPhone 8
Performing soft reset in the opposite of starting or turning on your iPhone. By doing this type reset, a user will not lose any data and he doesn’t need to back up his data before doing so. You should follow these resetting steps in case your device’s performance is becoming slower day by day. Or, when you try to open an application, it won’t open as usual. In these situations, performing a hard reset is not necessary because a soft reset might fix this issue.
- The first step is to press and hold the Sleep or Wake button. You need to do it until the Power Off slider appears. In iPhone 8, you may locate this button on the right side of your device. In the iPhone versions earlier than iPhone 6, this button is present on the top.
- Now, in these steps, you need to take this finger to the slider and swipe it to the right.
- After this, your screen will go black.
- Again you need to press the same Sleep or Wake button until you see the Apple logo on your device.
- Check if your iPhone has started working appropriately.
Now, that you know how to reset iPhone 8, specifically soft reset, it is time to learn the procedure for a hard reset.
Steps to force reset an iPhone 8
A force restart or hard reset can be done in case your device has become completely unresponsive. You might need to perform these steps when your iPhone is turned on but nothing appears on its screen or it has become troublesome during start-up. The steps to do so might differ in different models of iPhone but it is usually done with the Home button. In some models, the home button is replaced with a touch sensor and on the other models, the phone unlocks with Face ID. Since we are specifically discussing how to reset iPhone 8, let us learn the steps for this model.
- First of all, you need to locate the Volume Up button and then press and release it quickly.
- After this, do the same with the Volume Down button i.e. press and release it quickly.
- Further, you need to press and hold the Sleep or Wake button.
- Do it until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
Hopefully, by now you have learned the steps of how to reset the iPhone 8. If you have any doubts or queries regarding this, then you may go through the User’s manual that came along with your device. Visit@:- Mcafee.com/activate.