McAfee My Account is a platform from where you can manage all the tasks related to your account, be it managing your subscriptions, or editing your profile or so on. Whenever you log in to your account, you get to see several options on the taskbar and one of them is ‘My Account’. With this platform, you can register yourself with McAfee and receive its updates. If you do not register yourself or create an account linked with McAfee, then you may not be able to start using your subscription and take the additional benefits of your account. After registering yourself with McAfee, you can ensure that the safety of your device is never compromised. It helps you to download the antivirus with which you can ultimately safeguard your device from viruses, Trojans, threats, malware, etc.
What is included in McAfee My Account?
Some of the options that you will find under the ‘My Account’ tab of McAfee are listed below:
- My Profile– here you can view and edit the details of your account.
- Auto-renewal Settings– this option lets you enable or disable the auto-renewal of the purchased subscription.
- Subscriptions– here you may get to know about the active subscriptions. It also gives details about the expiring subscriptions.
- Additional Rewards– lets you know about the additional services that are associated with your account.
- Redeem Retail Card– here you can easily redeem your subscription.
- Edit Billing– with this option, you can edit the billing info.
- Common FAQs– A user can go through the commonly asked question to resolve some minor queries.
How do I log in to McAfee ‘My Account’?
- First of all, go to mcafee.com/myaccount.
- Click on the ‘My Account’ option from the taskbar.
- Now, click ‘Sign In’ from the options list.
- Further, provide the required details such as email ID and password.
- In the end, click on the ‘Login’ option.
- The users who haven’t yet registered can create a new account.
Steps to create a McAfee account
- The first thing you need to do is, visit mcafee.com/myaccount
- Now, click on the ‘My Account’ tab when the home page opens.
- Further, select the ‘New User? Register now’ option.
- Fill in the registration form with apt details.
- You may need to enter the email address, name, password, date of birth, etc.
- Now, review the details and click ‘submit’ if you do not want to change anything.
- You will see some on-screen prompts which you have to follow.
How to recover a McAfee account?
To recover the email address:
- Open the McAfee product that you have subscribed to.
- After this, select the ‘My Info’ option.
- Further, tap on ‘subscription’.
- Here, you will see the registered email address.
- Note it down in a safe place and you are ready to log in.
To reset a forgotten password:
- Go to mcafee.com/myaccount
- Click on the ‘My Account’ option.
- Select ‘Forgot Your Password?’ present under the ‘Login’ button.
- After this, you need to click on ‘Send Email’.
- Open the mailbox of your registered email.
- Here, open the email with the subject- “Reset your McAfee password”.
- Click on the password reset link.
- Reset your password and log in to your McAfee account.
Once you reset your password or recover your email address, make sure you remember it for avoiding the hassle when you log in next time. There are other benefits associated with your account that you will get to know once you start using it.