For those who are looking for the one-stop solution to eradicate the advance virus and malware, McAfee is the solution to all your problems when it comes to diminishing the attacks from the virus, malware and other malicious activities that are capable enough to harm your devices.
McAfee is known antivirus software and its security applications are recommended and used worldwide. One of its primitive featured programs is McAfee Safe Boot about which the details are highlighted in this article.
What is McAfee Safe Boot?
McAfee’s build-in feature Safe Boot is encryption that is known as a strong access control tool and it is present into its Endpoint Encryption tool suite. Although it is a very beneficial tool sometimes it can interfere with your computer’s operations, depending upon the Systems configurations and settings.
Generally, the user is unable to disable the McAfee Safe Boot application, they can only uninstall it from the device that you need to do until you can upgrade your McAfee application on your devices.
Why there is a need to disable McAfee Safe Boot?
There can be numerous reasons to disable the application such as your computer processor becomes slow; the application is not working, capturing unnecessary storage space on your computer, etc. This article will highlight the steps to disable the McAfee Safe Boot without any error.
5 Easy-to-follow steps to disable McAfee Safe Boot
There are few steps to be considered for disabling the McAfee Safe Boot application from your device. These important steps are as follows:-
- In the first step, you have to reboot your computer systems and then you have to press “F8” on the keyboard to restart your computer in Windows Safe mode while there is a normal rebooting process going on.
- In the next step, you have to open the “Start” menu and then select the “Run” option by entering “cmd” in the text field visible on the screen.
- Now, enter – cd C:\Program Files\Safe Boot command at the text box asking for the command by pressing the “Enter” key to change the normal directory to the “Safe Boot” directory.
- Now, remove the McAfee Safe Boot application by entering “SbSetup.exe-uninstall” command once it is prompted on-screen.
- In the final step, you have to restart and check whether the McAfee Safe Boot application has been removed successfully or not.
Note:- By following the above steps, you will be able to easily disable the McAfee Safe Boot software program from your device. In case, you still unable to disable the app, then it is recommended to get in touch with McAfee customer care executives.
In a conclusive viewpoint
Although McAfee Safe Boot is useful application software for those who are primarily using McAfee for the virus protection but sometimes it does create an issue in the operating system of your device. The article has mentioned steps to disable the program without any error. If you still face the issues while performing the steps, you can get in touch with McAfee customer support via the official website or you can post your related queries on the Support page.
Smith is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- McAfee.com/Activate.