As much as your house needs protection, so does your data needs one. The data that we store on our computer or phones is significant and so we do not share it with anyone who is unknown. But sometimes, we unknowingly share some data with strangers and may times, our computer or laptops falls prey to these cyber criminals. So to stop this and defend you against online threats, there is a powerful guard called McAfee and it can be activated by using the McAfee retail card.
What exactly is McAfee Retail Card
So when you buy McAfee antivirus from a retail store, you get a box that contains an installation media like a CD or DVD and along with that you also get a McAfee retail card. This card has the activation code printed on its backside that will help you to activate McAfee antivirus on your computer or laptop. So, how do you do it?
You just need to follow the simple steps so that you can install McAfee and redeem it by using the McAfee retail card.
McAfee Retail Card Redemption Process
Once you have redeemed the card, you can go ahead to download and install your McAfee software and activate your subscription.
- First, in a new browser window, visit the link that is shown on your retail card, i.e. www.mcafee.com/activate.
- Next you will have to select your country of residence and then the language
- Mostly the registration page will try to choose the correct region, but it might not always be right so it would be better to select manually
- Now you need to type in the activation code that you have received on the McAfee retail card in the space provided there
- Next, fill in your email address and then click on “Submit”
- When prompted, check that the Email Address that you have entered is correct.
- So, what if your email address is incorrect?
- Click Edit to return to the previous screen
- Correct your email address and then click on “Verify”
- Your subscription is now activated!
So now that you have successfully activated the McAfee online, it is time to download the McAfee software on to your computer and install it so that you are protected from online frauds, scams, fake websites etc.
Common Errors in Activation of McAfee Retail Card
But, by any chance, if you face a problem while redeeming McAfee Retail Card and activating your subscription, then follow one of the below steps given below. Although you would not see any errors but here are the two moist common issues that users face. Also, make sure that you have a good internet connection so that your process does not stop.
Error 1 – You may see a message that reads “Web page does not exist” or “invalid product key”
- Here, make sure that you have checked the registration number and have ensured that you have typed it correctly.
- You might have mistypes the URL incorrectly, carefully type www.mcafee.com/activate and then press the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
Error 2 – There is another type of common issue that you may face and the screen will read, “We’re sorry, but we’re having technical difficulties at this time. Please try again later”.
- You can simply try after 10 to 15 minutes
- Make sure to check the Country selection box above the registration number. This option is available on the activation page
- Now recheck weather you have selected a wrong Country or Language so, select the correct options and proceed further
That’s it; you should not face any issues regarding the activation of the McAfee product with the help of McAfee Retail Card.
Installing McAfee Retail Card
Now it is the time to download and install the McAfee software on your laptop or computer. Visit McAfee.com/Activate and download the McAfee antivirus by logging in to your McAfee account. Do not forget to use the same email ID that you registered using the McAfee Retail Card.
After the file has been downloaded, double click it to start the installation process. Here you just need to follow the on-screen instructions to install McAfee on your machine, and you will be protected against the online threats.